The purpose of a Vocational Expert in divorce litigation is to determine the earning capacity of a spouse or a plan for increasing that earning capacity when alimony or child support must be calculated. If an individual has a long term, salaried job, this is a simple task, however, this rarely is the case when earning capacity is a litigated issue.
What is a Divorce Vocational Evaluation or Spousal Earning Capacity Evaluation and what all is involved?
SouthEast Vocational Experts has become recognized for personalized service in determining a fair assessment of a spouse’s income potential in regard to spousal support and/or child support in divorce cases, and for success in enabling thousands of injured workers to successfully re-enter the job market.We use the most up-to-date computer programs to evaluate skills and interests in order to provide timely and efficient services.
A Vocational Expert in divorce proceedings can determine:
- Spousal maintenance and child support (employability, placeability, and earning capacity)
- Retraining plans, costs, and time frames
- Consideration of Health of spouse and/or child, childcare and Return to Work
- Vocational Expert witness services are not always needed.
- Current Labor Market Value of an individual’s skills and talents
- Ability to be retrained in higher paying work with a more promising future (rehabilitative alimony)
- Comparable values of work skills when an individual is self-employed but showing a business loss
- Feasibility and value of Self-Employment
Divorce Vocational Evaluation Assessment